Monday, June 25, 2007
Lots of tagging have been popping from one blog to another.
I was wondering not a long while what would I write if someone would tag me...
Christine answered my question, she left a message in my cbox that she tagged me!
Here are the rules:
- Each player starts with 7 random facts about themselves on their Blog.
- People who are tagged need to blog 7 facts about themselves and post the rules as well.
- At the end of the blog, list 7 people you are tagging. Let them know that they are tagged by leaving them a comment.
Here are the 7 random facts about me:
1. As a kid, I used to dream of becoming an Architect or Interior Designer. I never wanted to be an Engineer as I can recall, simply because I hate MATH subjects. Ironically, I ended taking up a degree in Computer ENGINEERING. I didn't even drooled over the idea of computers more than 10 years ago! Why I survived the 5 years, I still don't know up til now.. LOL!!
2. I don't like ampalaya, anything with ampalaya I will not eat more likely.
3. I love cartoons! In fact, my favorite cable channels are Disney and Cartoon Network :)
I also have a collection of Barbie movies and other cartoons that tickle my funny bone hehe
4. I have developed an allergy to medicines with Ibuprofen and Mefenamic Acid or anything with that kind of substances. Found out it during my first job, due to consistent backpains I took a "fast relief" med (which I used to take way back without feeling anything but relief) and in no more than 10mins I rushed to the clinic with eyes bulging like golf balls, a runny nose and constricting throat. I had to learn the hard way, many times, if I'm allergic to a certain med or not. So now, I'm always careful with what I take, I have an anti-histamine with me all the time and the only med I can take without an allergic reaction is BIOGESIC (honestly, I'm not advertising hehehe). And so like any other person with allergies, I think, I get easily irritated with dust and fumes. I don't like going outside early morning for fresh air anymore, I get allergic rhinitis (if I'm not mistaken with the spelling). How itchy sad huh??
5. I was a NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK addict in my elementary and hs days. I love Jordan Knight the best :)
6. I was a member of DANCE GROUPS from kinder to college (well, at least until 2nd year). I used to join in dance competitions, except in college coz I really had to concentrate with the course I took, yah know.. pressure hahaha
7. I'm not afraid of cockroaches, rats/mices, "salagubang" or any other insect unless it start to fly or move anywhere above me!!! I'd go berserk when a cockroach started to fly over my head or nearby. Or when a rat or mice is over a dresser or a cabinet or anywhere above me, you wouldn't let me near it. But if they are crawling or simply running on my feet that's ok with me.
So that's it... I can't think of anything more hahaha...
And now I am tagging seven other people.. and that would be Alma, Luz, 'Nang Didi, 'Nang Marivic, 'Nong Addie, Thaye and Cang (I hope they've not been tagged yet hehehe)
Friday, June 08, 2007
I surfed the net for some digital tutorials. There are tons of wonderful stuff you could find if you'd be really patient.
I got inspired by the tutorials so I tried some of it.
This is my feeble attempt to design digital elements... well, so far, it really looks like digital :) LOL!!
Well, what I mean is, if you're already scrapping for quite a while, you'd notice digital from traditional lo right away.
BUT... because A LOT of SUPER-GREAT digital artists/designers are emerging from everywhere, you'd find yourself confused and awed with all the delicious and uber beautiful digital kits/elements they can create! Maybe that's why a HYBRID-SCRAPBOOKER was born :)Well, anyway, this attempt is really another and one way of expressing myself and pushing my limits. I have a nagging idea in my head that I could at least... attempt! LOL!!
I made some:
- papers (solid and patterned)
- alphas and numerics (this is the easiest)
- buttons (another easy one, minus the thread hehehe)
- some threads and a straight stitch (but doesn't look like it! LOL!!)
- a ribbon (well, sort of..that's what i intended to do really LOL!!)
- flowers (hmmm my favorite!)
- oh what else? hmmm overlays :) a really fun thing to make!
I didn't make it in hi-resolution though, my computer's capacity and memory won't be able to take it all! LOL!! I wish I have a scanner though :( It could make some things easier and somehow.. maybe, just maybe, I could make some real-looking stuff :) Oh and yes, i could take my own doodlings into my digital pages.. won't that be awesome??!
In the layout are some of the elements I painstakingly made last night and some hours earlier this day... Violent or whatever reactions are welcome :)
I'd be glad to even have one comment LOL!!
Thanks for looking :)